Pages

Saturday 13 September 2014

Day 13 - Top Tech Tools

I need to explain my approach with my class.  As we all do, we deal with a range of learners, not all tools will suit them or meet the need of how or what they want to do.  With this in mind I take the approach of they are to use the tools that fit what they want to do.  

This being my second year in a BYOD blended e-learning class the learners who I work with, a lot of them spent their first year in a BYOD class, bring their own wealth of apps and knowledge.  There are some in my class that are new to BYOD.  The learners share with each other different apps/tools to try and I also throw my ideas out there too.  Often as a class we review apps to reflect upon it's ability to meet our needs.

After much reflection upon the tools in which I use on a daily basis whether it is to help me teach or learners in my class, I came up with a rather small list:

  • Evernote
    Me - record my RTCs, PLD, meeting, and class notes
    Learners - Maths notebook, Inquiry notes
  • Camera (iPad, smart phone, digital camera)
    Me - capture moments that I want to record, PE, presentations
    Learners - tutorials, blogging, PE, speeches, recording learning
  • Blogger
    Me - blogging whether it is for 30 Day challenge or the class blog
    Learners - achieved learning targets, "ah-ha" moments, reflections
  • Google Drive
    Me - sharing files with learners, colleagues, giving feedback, workshop notes
    Learners - collaborative work, sharing files, handing in assignments/home learning
  • YouTube
    Me/Learners - flipped lessons, inspiration/motivation for lessons
Unsure of the acronyms that I use, here they are:
RTCs - Registered Teacher Criteria
PLD - Professional Learning Development
BYOD - Bring You Own Device

No comments:

Post a Comment